Re: Import Patch and Iview tags...

Stephane Delcroix wrote:
Although I think perhaps there is one very like it. I added a small
comment to your bug.
just responded to it

I think that the patch I attached should fix your problem --- as I said in the comment - it doesn't fully support all possible xmp files, but for simple xmp data (such as f-spot generates) it should work.

The name of the tag is declared 'UNIQUE' in the database. Previously, I
found that a bit annoying, while tagging things like
Events > 2005 > My Birthday
Events > 2006 > My Birthday

Yeah, I've run into that as well... possibly tag names should be stored more like a filesystem path - "/Events/2005/My Birthday", "/People/Celebs/Paris" and "/Places/France/Paris" --- this would address the uniqueness issue...

It'd also make reconstruction easier... Once I imported 5000 or so tagged photos from iPhoto, it took me quite a while to move the tags around into an appropriate tree structure. If my f-spot db ever becomes corrupt, I dread the thought of having to do it again... If the tags in the files had this directory-like structure, it'd be really easy to rebuild the full structure...

And for new tags, just create them in top or in a 'recently imported'
category...

I'm currently putting them in an "Imported Tags" category at the top level...

Warren