Re: F-spot user forum

On Ti, 2006-06-20, 10:58, Warren Baird skrev:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Have you seen what fedorafaq.org has done for Fedora? It's all the
>> same information that is available in Fedora's wiki, but in a Q/A
>> format on a single page.
>>

> I think this sounds pretty dangerous.   F-spot is a great product, and I
> don't think having a second artificially created website will make it
> any more accepted or popular.

Definitely second this

> Also, I think it would be bad to have a FAQ maintained separately from
> the main website - it would mean that the core contributors would have
> to log into two places to maintain things.

Again, definitely second this

> However, having a FAQ section/page on the current site would be
> wonderful, and if you are still interested in doing it, I think that
> would be great!

Just to repeat myself...
Again, definitely second this

To have the same material in many places will just cause a lot of
problems. On the other hand, having reviews of F-Spot, or links to F-Spot
in many places would be very nice.

Another thing I have been thinking of, is to create a Concept Guide (and
perhaps a Help manual). If you are unsure what I am talking about, please
check GnuCash concept guide. Here is the link to the CVS version.
http://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/guide/
This is created in DocBook format, and is easily converted to Gnome help
format, can be read by Yelp, can be converted to PDF as well as to TXT
format. But, perhaps best to wait a bit until F-Spot gets a bit closer to
1.0? Then again, we should be able to come up with wich chapters we should
have, and fill in general things, and possible more detailed information
as well. The bad thing though, the more detailed the information is, the
more often you will have to change since F-Spot is still under heavy
development...

My small 0.02 cents...

/Bengt