Re: Import Patch and Iview tags...

Le 29 avr. 06 à 17:36, Bengt Thuree a écrit :

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 09:53 -0400, Warren Baird wrote:
Bengt Thuree wrote:
good solution.
Location makes sense and I think the things tagged a 'Keywords' are
already contained in a Bag, so they should be included already. I don't think copyright makes sense --- in the file you sent me, the copyright field contains "Jade and Bengt Thure'e" --- so I'm not sure what kind of tag I should create. It certainly wouldn't make sense to create a tag "Jade and Bengt Thure'e" --- and I don't even think it would make sense
to create a tag "Copyright:Jade and Bengt Thure'e".

The copyright entry has to be editable, since on a newly taken picture
you need to set it. A tag, hmm... I still think a Tag would be nice.

If you open a bug and convince someone to add a separate "Copyright"
field, I could easily put the copyright there --- but I don't think it
should be added as a tag.

I have read something about a copyright tag or entry somewhere, but
could not find it right now.

Let me know if you want me to try and help with something... apart from
test photos and testing :)

I had done some thinking about copyright tags, but I have been swamped up in work (and currently is about a third of planet from home). The reasoning was to have the tag being litterally "© Bengt and Jade Thuree", the "©" character being inserted to tags made children of a "Copyright" tag.

For this, I had created some non-editable tags, with a EnsureCategory function that ensured that the tag did exist in the DB and created it if necesssary (with the right icon). This may be useful for other kind of tags (maybe favourite, places, people...). Then I thought that some people launched f-spot in different languages (POSIX locale or national language locale e.g., which is not always english). So I realized that mandatory tags had to have their name translated on-the-fly. I added support for that. Then my free time died on its own.

--
JCD