Re: Import Patch and Iview tags...

Bengt Thuree wrote:

If you are talking about things like the 'Headline', then it definitely is a limitation of my patch. I might be able to add some code that extracts particular fields though, like photoshop::Headline... I'll take a look when I get a chance.
Do you want to have a sample photo or three?

No - the xmp data you sent in the previous message should be enough for now. I'll use a sidecar .xmp file to test it...

It looks like it should be fairly easy to drop the contents of Headline into the Description field --- are their other fields like that you'd want read?

The first photo that you included doesn't seem to have a dc:subject node at all - or any bag objects present in it, so I wouldn't expect the patch to create any tags. From looking at the XMP data, I'm not sure how we could extract anything useful...
Again, the MetaData browser extracts it the various tags I have in the
photo. (only Headline on one of them though)

on second thought, maybe it would be useful if you sent me the 1st sample file you sent the data from - the one without the dc:subject. I'll see if there's anything I can do with it.

Warren