Re: Import Patch and Iview tags...

Bengt Thuree wrote:
Did some more testing with this patch.
Very excited about it to be honest :) Soon I might be able to import my
tags...

:-) Glad you like it. To be honest, I'm surprised it's that useful to you! I'd really not intended it to be used with "real" XMP data.

The location information you are seeing created really shouldn't be - it's a limitation of my lack of knowledge about RDF --- what should *really* be happening is that only the items inside the dc:subject node should be getting tags created for them, but because my patch is really simplistic and treats all RDF Bag structures equally, you are seeing a lot more stuff being created...

F-Spot displays all the tags in its Metadata Browser, but the import patch
do not manage to import them all. Perhaps this has to do with the
restrictions on the patch ?

If you are talking about things like the 'Headline', then it definitely is a limitation of my patch. I might be able to add some code that extracts particular fields though, like photoshop::Headline... I'll take a look when I get a chance.

The first photo that you included doesn't seem to have a dc:subject node at all - or any bag objects present in it, so I wouldn't expect the patch to create any tags. From looking at the XMP data, I'm not sure how we could extract anything useful...

Thanks for the feedback and testing!

Warren