Re: Alternative UI for changing time and timezone

Hej Mattias,
On Fr, 2005-08-19, 03:30 am, Mattias Holmlund skrev:
> On 8/18/05, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) If the photo has GPS data in it, the timezone should be determined
>> from
>> this information (I seem to remember a TR on this)
>
> I have seen mentioning of a timezone field in exif outside of the
> GPD-section as well. I can't seem to find a reference to it now, but
> if we want to update the exif information, we should write the
> timezone as well.

Should be possible to add it to an XMP tag anyway.

>> 2) When you import photos (from Camera or from disk), one question
>> should
>> be from which country/timezone. In this way we get the proper data
>> directly.
>
> Or possibly set the timezone to a configurable default value and let
> the user adjust it later if he wants to.

Have a default TimeZone value, and if the user wants to change it, it
should be changable from the Import function. Like in my case, when my
relatives are sending me photos from different countries.

> /Mattias

/Bengt