Re: [Evolution] "Compose New Message" missing in "New" dropdown in toolbar.

Ah nice! I saw a commit has also already been provided, the workaround
is good enough for me until it the fix appears.

Thanks!

On Mon, 2022-09-26 at 00:07 +0200, Ángel wrote:
On 2022-09-25 at 21:16 +0000, Krauß, Peter (SCC) wrote:
Hello everyone!

I just found that the "New" dropdown button in the toolbar doesn't
do
anything when I click it and if I click the little downwards-
triangle
next to it, all I get is a single entry called "New collection
account".

I upgraded to version 3.44.4 and I am pretty sure it worked before.
Am I doing anything wrong? How can I get the button back to open
the
mail composer when I click it?

maybe it's relevant: I am using gtk3 3.24.34 and gtk4 4.8.1 with
awesomeWM (not Gnome).

Cheers,
Peter

That's due to some behavior change in glib2. There is a workaround of
moving to another view (Contacts, Calendar...) and then back (you can
do Ctrl+2, followed by Ctrl+1). That should populate the New button
(and the File->New menu) again.

The shortcuts still work, Ctrl+Shift+M should open the new mail
message
composer window.

This was mentioned a few days ago:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-September/msg00095.html