[Evolution] "Compose New Message" missing in "New" dropdown in toolbar.

Hello everyone!

I just found that the "New" dropdown button in the toolbar doesn't do
anything when I click it and if I click the little downwards-triangle
next to it, all I get is a single entry called "New collection
account".

I upgraded to version 3.44.4 and I am pretty sure it worked before. Am
I doing anything wrong? How can I get the button back to open the mail
composer when I click it?

maybe it's relevant: I am using gtk3 3.24.34 and gtk4 4.8.1 with
awesomeWM (not Gnome).

Cheers,
Peter