Re: [Evolution] Forwarding a mail to action fraud that is potentially fraudulent

On Thu, 2022-09-15 at 09:37 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
The mail must be using different SMTP servers. It's unlikely that an
SMTP server would treat mail differently from different clients.

There is the possibility that the mobile device mail client doesn't
deal with errors; it either silently - and obliviously - fails or
leaves the message in "Outbox" or some other holding bin, potentially
forever.  I've seen this behavior, in the 21st century, unfortunately.

I don't think that's the case, as after forwarding the EMail from the phone mail app, the message went into
'sent' and I
subsequently received an acknowledgement from Action Fraud. Whether what they received is what I forwarded or
not, I
can't tell as their acknowledgement doesn't quote it.