Re: [Evolution] Forwarding a mail to action fraud that is potentially fraudulent

On Thu, 2022-09-15 at 14:49 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
Dnia 15.09.2022 o godz. 12:22:13 Pete Biggs pisze:

The mail must be using different SMTP servers. It's unlikely that an
SMTP server would treat mail differently from different clients.

Unless the client on the phone encodes the forwarded mail in some way that
causes the SMTP server not detect the fraudulent mail.

I would hope any decent SMTP server would be aware of this sort of
thing. Certainly all the ones I know can mime-decode and base64-decode
message bodies to get at the content.  If it were that easy to by-pass
the scanners the spammers would do nothing but send encoded mails.

The only thing my scanners can't decode are password encrypted files -
on some it passes them with a warning, on others it rejects any
passworded content.

P.