Re: [Evolution] Freezing Preview pane

On Wed, 2022-09-14 at 15:26 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
However,  it is a permanent failure.  The pane will remain frozen
until I reboot my laptop, which is the pain point.

        Hi,
is the whole machine frozen, or only the Evolution, or only the preview
panel itself? Is there a higher CPU usage when it freezes? Maybe it's
doing something in the background, waiting long enough may recover it.

Try to run evolution from a terminal:

   $ flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

and let it freeze, maybe it'll print something useful there. If you can
move between messages, then you might be able to close Evolution as
well. When you click the close button multiple times, you'll be asked
whether you want to close the app immediately or keep waiting.

It should work fine, when you run Evolution again, no? If the whole app
is frozen, then do:

   $ flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution

instead of the whole machine restart.

        Bye,