Re: [Evolution] A reminder of a "plan B" mailing list

On Tue, 2022-11-15 at 19:40 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
At any moment now posting access to this mailing list can be removed
without further warning, so once again I want to make you aware of
the alt-evolution mailing list, which is a "plan B".

        Hi,
what a nice coincidence. We are currently in the process of setting up
the new list, poc may send a note about it, unless he'll consider this
mine as a replacement.

First of all, I've got a note from a GNOME admin that the lists will
possibly shut down within 7 to 10 days since yesterday. There should be
set up a new list meanwhile.

While I've been very keen on the freedesktop.org hosting, we received a
response from them that they do not intent to host any desktop
applications in their mailing lists, thus this site is out of question.

There is an ongoing work to setup the list under lists.osuosl.org, with
a name evolution-users lists osuosl org . It's not done yet, there will
be a separate email about it once it's done. This is a very fresh
information, it happened roughly 9 hours ago (which is why I begun this
email with "what a nice coincidence"). I guess the new name is fine,
but if anyone has a better suggestion or an objection, then do not
hesitate and express your opinion on it.

I plan to update the user documentation and the Wiki page with the new
official mailing list once the things are set up, though the users with
an old/ancient Evolution, even the current online help, will still
reference this list. There's not much I can do about it, I'm afraid.

I'd like to thank poc, as he's leading this effort and he does all the
paper work behind it.

That being said: stay tuned, you'll be updated when the things are
ready.

        Thanks and bye,
        Milan