Re: [Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designed to go?

On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 09:33 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I know this is getting way of topic, but this is primarily why I shy
away from Flatpak. You download a blob of "stuff" and you have no real
idea what is in that - it could be some ancient bug-ridden library
[...] I understand you run the same risk with statically compiled
applications

Hi,

if the installed software is still auditable for flaws depends on the
amount of software and if a security team is involved in doing it.

Two different versions of shared libraries are easier to audit, then 20
different versions with and without backported bug fixes.

I don't use Faltpak, Snap and similar, but several blobs in /opt and I
installed one appimage, but don't use it, since it didn't solve the
issue that was the reason to install it.

Regards,
Ralf

--
2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference
"Join the urgent call from the Prime Minister of Tuvalu"