[Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designed to go?

This is my first post here and it is a long one.
I did look at the index of previous posts but there is no way to search through all of them, so I truly do
apologize in advance... but maybe, just maybe what I did has pushed out a bug you didn't know about before.
This is complicated. I am sorry, but if you don't have all of the info, you will accuse me, potentially of
hiding the relevant facts:
Until seven days ago, and for thirty years prior to that, I was a user of Microsoft Office Outlook. (That's
the client on the desktop, not the online service.) I had thirty years of business and personal
correspondence in it. A lot of it in many, many folders and nested folders.) It is what kept me on Windows on
this last PC when everything else I had was running Debian Linux.
But then I saw that, maybe, I could actually import the PSTs into this release of Evolution. I had tried in
the past and it had failed miserably. I tried anew and it worked on a test VM machine. It was all good and so
I made the leap, reformatting the Windows 10 computer and put Debian 11.5 on it.
I exported the data set from the VM and imported it into the physical Debian platform the VM was now running
on. The gz package was 3.2GiB.
I still have the VM and can run it, though I don't want to use it as a work platform.
On the new platform, with the data imported (and all the data is there) only a day after I imported it, it no
longer displayed any new mail.
It says there is new mail via a notification popup, but there is nothing in the inbox or anywhere else.
-- The versions of Evolution on the VM and the new install are the same.
-- Both are running on Debian 11.5.
-- On the VM Evolution still works.
If I sent mail, it did get sent, but it also didn't appear in the sent folder or anywhere else.
Every once and a while I got a UID error message about a problem, but it wasn't all the time.
I used apt to remove the package. I deleted the folders, and then deleted the trash, rebooting the PC
immediately after that.
I ran the VM version for another day, (and it works to this moment, if I want to use the VM) and then made a
fresh export from the VM version, sFTPing it to the physical machine. But the same problem existed on the
re-installed version.
I was on KDE Plasma, so I tried the same procedure all over again installing it under Gnome-X. No difference.
The only difference between the VM and this platform is that one has a cinnamon desktop.
I really wanted Evolution to work. It is now the repository for all I have done in these last thirty years,
but unless there is a way to fix what ails this program, while it allowed me to make the move off Windows, it
is now only a vault for old emails and that is not good.
Ellis Michael "Mike" Lieberman | Blog <http://lieberman.blog.netwright.net:7080/>
Purok 13, Morales Subd.
Brgy Mabuhay, General Santos City, 9500 Philippines
See MAP <https://map.what3words.com/overexposed.pedestals.rakes>
Cell: +63 (917) 311-0674 (Globe: Voice and Text)
Cell: +63 (991) 650-7948 (Dito: Voice and Text)
LandLine: " style="color: rgb(149, 79, 114); text-decoration: underline;">+63 (083) 887-2154
<tel:%2B63%20%2883%29%20552-1153> (Voice Only)