Re: [Evolution] What do I do now? V2

On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 20:23 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
On 2/11/22 19:53, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 08:19 +0800, Luigi Cantoni via evolution-list
wrote:
Many people have contributed their ideas as to how to move forward so
hope there is enough now suggested so that we can do that.

Can I ask the Moderators and those that contribute a lot to this list
to decide where we migrate to before they shut us down.
I for one don't what to be left hanging and will happily "follow the
leaders".

I've contacted the other moderators to see if we can reach a consensus
on this, but have yet to hear back from them. We'll certainly inform
the list if we have something to say.

At the moment, my impression is that everyone is waiting for someone
else to take a decision, and time is passing by. Clearly the moderators
can't simply dictate what's going to happen. As things stand, it
appears to be inevitable that the current list will be discontinued and
that Evolution support will be provided on Discourse, no matter what
any of us think. Therefore the temptation to set up a new list
independent of gnome.org has to be weighed against the probable
fragmentation of the community, which would not be ideal. However it's
not out of the question.

One thing I can say is that I would not take on the responsibility of
managing a new list on my own. Moderating the current list is not a
particularly onerous task because much of the infrastructure is
provided by Gnome and we interact with it using a Mailman web page.
Also, it's shared among three people. However anyone who proposes a new
list should be willing to take on the task of administering it.

This already been taken care of.

If people choose to disregard what has been done for them, and simply
keep discussing, and not doing anything about it, then that is their choice.

I will not again mention on this list, that a mailing list has been set
up, by someone willing to administer it, to which, so far, only about
thirty people have subscribed.

Hi,

this is the mentioned  list that already exists:
https://groups.io/g/evolution-users

It is limited to 100 subscribers.

Here we much likely could get a mailing list without a user limit:
https://support.riseup.net/en/ticket/3227QJ76OfCW7Ci7

Everybody can open the ticket at riseup.net. I could do, but I'm not a
moderator or admin of evolution-list gnome org . Do the moderators wish
that I ask to open a mailing list?
The list's archives seem to view HTML instead of plain text messages:
https://lists.riseup.net/www/

The MC mailing list migrated to OSU OSL. They got all the data from
gnome.org, so as a subscriber I had to do nothing, excepted of using
mc lists midnight-commander org instead of mc gnome org . I suspect OSU
OSL is: https://osuosl.org/

Regards,
Ralf