Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Mon, 2022-05-16 at 12:17 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
You can open the terminal in the sandbox with:

   $ flatpak run --command=sh org.gnome.Evolution

which should give you the same file system layout as the Evolution
itself sees.

That's interesting. It shows me that I'm in ~/, but clearly it's faking
it since nothing is there and writes to the fs don't appear elsewhere,
and the inode numbers of files I write there are too low (~100) to be
natural.

So does this mean that it is not possible to print from the flatpak
evolution?

I do not know. Flatpak has its limitations, some are for good. Maybe
if
you expose a whole home to the sandbox (which means you'll lose the
safety), then the WebKitGTK will offer real home directory and you
get
to the files. I do not know the exact flatpak command, try to search
for "flatpak override home access" or some such term. Once you'll set
the override make sure you restart the application, thus it starts
with
the new privileges.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look. ISTM that this is a fairly important
thing to be able to do though. It's worth noting that saving
attachments and mbox files works fine.

thanks
Dan