Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Mon, 2022-05-16 at 07:55 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
what exact errors, please? The virtual junk/trash folders gather
messages marked as junk/trash. Those in the server side Junk/Trash
real
folders do not be marked as such. As you have a patched version, let
Evolution use the real Junk/Trash folders instead. There's no need to
use the virtual folders.

Thanks. Using the real folders works correctly. The errors I got with
the virtual folders were the same complaints from the server about
attempting to delete from "All Mail".

 * Where are configuration/state files stored by flatpak evolution?
   FOUND: ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution

Correct. I guess, and only guess, the "printed" files are stored
there
as well, but I can be wrong.

It seems that they are not.

 * When I migrated data from the distro-installed evolution (I used
   backup and then restore into the flatpak install) no tasks or
   calendar events from the local task list/calendar ("On This
   Computer") came across. Is this expected?

No, those should be visible. Either you've some filter shown, or the
calendar factory failed to notice the change (which I consider
unlikely, but as long as the iCalendar files contain the data you
should see them. Try to restart the factory. You can check whether
it's
running:

   $ ps ax | grep evolution

and when there's any process from /app/, then it's the Flatpak
version.
Run:

   $ flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution

which will kill them all. You can verify with the 'ps' command. Then
run Evolution as before and check the filters in the Calendar and
Tasks
views.

Thank you, this fixed it.

thanks