Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Mon, 2022-04-25 at 07:45 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
Not the server, but the Evolution. It needs to know to treat the "All
Mail" folder specifically. Could you paste a LIST response for the
"All
Mail" folder, please? The server can provide folder flags there,
which
can be used by the clients.

I was unable to figure out exactly which lines of the log this
corresponds to. Can you show me an example of what I would be looking
for?

Anyway, this is addressed by:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/240
which landed shortly before 3.38.0 (long after yours 3.28.5).

As the real junk folder makes more trouble, I suggest to let
Evolution
use a real Junk folder again. To workaround the problem in your
ancient
version, I'd unsubscribe from the "All Mails" folder (use
Folder->Subscriptions to see which folders you are subscribed to),
unless you use it. To have it working, you should have set in the
mail
Account properties to "Show only subscribed folders". Such changes
require Evolution restart. Or get a distro with more recent
Evolution.

This is certainly an intention to upgrade to, but upgrades always fill
me with dread. I tried using the flatpak, but it failed with a crash in
a dependency, I'll try this again to see if that has been resolved.

thanks
Dan