Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Mon, 2022-05-16 at 11:42 +0200, Dan Kortschak via evolution-list
wrote:
I guess, and only guess, the "printed" files are stored
there as well, but I can be wrong.

It seems that they are not.

        Hi,
it can be the chosen place is not persistent. I would try to store the
files into a different location, but as this is a WebKitGTK bug I do
not know whether they'd allow to use any suitable at all.

You can open the terminal in the sandbox with:

   $ flatpak run --command=sh org.gnome.Evolution

which should give you the same file system layout as the Evolution
itself sees.

So does this mean that it is not possible to print from the flatpak
evolution?

I do not know. Flatpak has its limitations, some are for good. Maybe if
you expose a whole home to the sandbox (which means you'll lose the
safety), then the WebKitGTK will offer real home directory and you get
to the files. I do not know the exact flatpak command, try to search
for "flatpak override home access" or some such term. Once you'll set
the override make sure you restart the application, thus it starts with
the new privileges.

        Bye,
        Milan