Re: [Evolution] GMail & OAuth?

On Sat, 2022-03-05 at 18:47 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:
KDE doesn't use Gnome Online Accounts directly. You can invoke it
from
the command line using gnome-control-center.

poc

In KDE's "System Settings" there's an entry for online accounts. It
offers GMail and, incredibly slowly, seems to be creating an account
for my account there.

<Later> Nope, the dialogs eventually just complained of 404s and then
malformed requests... I'll try again tomorrow. Perhaps it's a session
thing )-8

I haven't tried using the KDE dialogue (though I do use Evolution on
KDE) but I'd be surprised if it works. KDE has its own Kwallet system
which is not compatible with G-O-A, i.e. even if it manages to
authenticate to Gmail with OATH, it won't store the credentials where
Evo can find them.

There's a long-standing open project to unify these things between DEs,
but it's making very slow progress if any.

In terms of Evo, gnome-control-center is definitely the way to go for
now.

poc