Re: [Evolution] Help me understand something please

On Fri, 2022-06-24 at 11:33 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
The place you read the message content is covered by the WebKitGTK.
Everything is converted into HTML for viewing (and writing).
How do I get it to stop hogging my CPU?
You can try shorter logs/reports, but that doesn't scale.

I would strongly encourage you to ATTACH things like logs to a message
rather than including them in the body.  There are issues of not only
size but line length and code page [logs don't really have one].

meant viewing)? So if I view the messages via mutt (or similar) it
shouldn't do it?

Correct, comparing a GUI and a TUI application is Apples & Oranges.

These are cron job reports from programs like
rtkithunter and apticron (notification of available updates) I'm
reasonably sure there's little I could do to shrink them.

ATTACH them, do not include them as the body.

Also consider an NMS; a software package you can simply ship logs to
for viewing an analysis.  That's way better than anything you can do by
shoehorning logs into e-mail.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>