Re: [Evolution] Evolution went offline, and will not go back online

On Mon, 2022-01-17 at 17:57 -0800, jg60 via evolution-list wrote:
I opened File -> Work Online, but "Work Online" is grayed out. I
exited evolution and restarted it, and still offline.

Any suggestions?

        Hi,
it looks like the network monitor did not notice the link change. It
depends what implementation it uses and how you've configured the
network (using Network Manager or other means).

You can workaround the problem when you go to the Edit->Preferences
->Network Settings and change the "Method to detect online state".

I'm not sure whether your ancient version has it. An alternative option
is to run Evolution as:

   $ GIO_USE_NETWORK_MONITOR=base evolution

which will claim Evolution as being always online.

This covers only the mail part, it does not cover all the other parts.
To have it covered also that either add it to the /etc/environment or
into your ~/.bashrc file - in the later as:

   export GIO_USE_NETWORK_MONITOR=base

Though the best would be to figure out why the network monitor does not
work and fix it, which will cover all the applications using it, not
only the Evolution.
        Bye,
        Milan