Re: [Evolution] Annoyance: Intermittently messages refuse to categorize themselves as read

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 22:36 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I suppose this is an IMAP account you see it with.

Yes it is. It's my local Dovecot IMAP server. If I knew more about IMAP, perhaps I
could go in and look at the message in Dovecot itself. One thing I could do right
now is open my IMAP with Claws-Mail and see whether Claws Mail considers it unread.
That would narrow the root cause scope to some degree. Thank you for the suggestion.

I seem to remember I used to have issues with my Dovecot server and
messages being marked as unread seemingly randomly. I'm trying to
remember how I fixed it - it was sometime ago!  Possibly make sure that
the number of concurrent connections is set to 1 - it's in the
"Receiving Options" bit of the account editor.

I'm not using anything other than the providers email server ( Google and O365 )  and I randomly
see the same behavior.  Although in my case, I occaisionally see it not flip until I do it manually ( select
all, mark  read,  and yes I've tried selecting just that message, doesn't work ).

Ratio is 40-50 to 1 ...  40-50 with long delay before flipping to every 1 that never flips on its own.

Evolution  3.44.4 (by Flathub.org)
Linux Mint ( primarily )
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.3
DISTRIB_CODENAME=una
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 20.3 Una"
NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="20.3 (Una)"
ID=linuxmint
ID_LIKE=ubuntu