[Evolution] Annoyance: Intermittently messages refuse to categorize themselves as read

Hi all,

I haven't found a workaround for this yet. When I read new email, sometimes the
earliest of the unread messages keeps calling itself unread even after I've looked
at it. This happens even when I stay reading it for over 2 seconds (or even 8
seconds, and my read time config is whay under 8 seconds). It doesn't happen every
time, but it happens enough to be annoying. I keep visiting the same folders, over
and over, to look at an email I've looked at three times before.

How can I work around this behavior? I'm using Evolution 3.44.3 .

Thanks,

SteveT