Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 17:24 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 06:08 -0300, Francisco M Neto wrote:
Nevertheless, I want to add email through POP; I *really* don't want
to keep anything in google's hands.

Up to you of course, but that logic doesn't make sense to me. If you
don't trust Google, why are you using their mail servers, which have
full access to everything going through them?

It may well be that it is a work account that uses gmail.  But I think
it's naive to think that using POP to remove the mail from Google means
that Google will forget about the content or that they hadn't already
got tons of info from it before you even saw it in your Inbox.

I totally understand a desire for privacy and keeping data away from
the likes of Google, bit I think using POP for this reason brings
horses and stable doors to mind.

P.