Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

Thanks for your response!

On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 10:36 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Please give your Evolution version as things do change over time.

        I'm using Evolution 3.44.3-2, from Debian Bookworm.

        Why does Evolution do that? Is there any way I can use this email in
Evolution without it forcing me to use IMAP?

At the bottom of the "Identity" page when creating an account there's a
tick box "Look up mail server ...." if that is enabled, Evolution will

[...]

Untick the box and add all the server details manually:

        I did that. It still reverts to the gmail-style account, though.

Presumably you have everything setup at the gmail side for POP3 access.

        Yes, I do.

--
francisco