Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

Please give your Evolution version as things do change over time.

      Nevertheless, I want to add email through POP; I *really* don't want to
keep anything in google's hands. However, when I try to add this email address
as a POP account, Evolution automatically turns it into a "gmail-type" account
and reverts to IMAP syncing.

      Why does Evolution do that? Is there any way I can use this email in
Evolution without it forcing me to use IMAP?

At the bottom of the "Identity" page when creating an account there's a
tick box "Look up mail server ...." if that is enabled, Evolution will
fill in the mail config with what the provider thinks it should be,
which is almost certainly not POP3.

Untick the box and add all the server details manually:

  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en

Presumably you have everything setup at the gmail side for POP3 access.

P.