Re: [Evolution] Synchroniziing Evolucton Contacts with Gmail

On Sat, 2022-08-06 at 11:47 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan via evolution-list
wrote:
This URL works perfectly for me, giving me a web page containing my
contacts

        Hi,
and that ^^^ is what the error says you. The CardDAV expects CardDAV
data, while the URL you gave it produces HTML (web) page instead. That
won't work.

As this is Google, I suppose you have configured a mail account for
this Google account. How did you configure it? Was it directly in
Evolution or anywhere else?

When you've been adding the mail account directly in Evolution, the
very last page of the wizards lets you select whether also calendars
and contacts should be added for that Google account. When you check
it, you do not need to setup anything else, you get all you can get out
of the Google account.

You can also File->New->Collection Account and create a Google account
from there (by just filling the Gmail address).

Anyway, Google's CardDAV interface is at:
https://apidata.googleusercontent.com/carddav/v1/principals/$EMAIL/lists/default/
and it requires OAuth2 authentication, for which there's no UI bit
except of the methods mentioned above (one can manually edit the
corresponding .source file and change the `Method` to `Google`, but
there are really much easier ways to make it work than this).

        Bye,
        Milan