Re: [Evolution] Synchroniziing Evolution Contacts with Gmail

On Mon, 2022-08-08 at 08:19 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2022-08-06 at 11:47 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan via evolution-list wrote:
This URL works perfectly for me, giving me a web page containing my contacts

and that is what the error says you. The CardDAV expects CardDAV data, while the URL you gave it produces HTML (web) page instead. That won't work.

As this is Google, I suppose you have configured a mail account for this Google account. How did you configure it? Was it directly in Evolution or anywhere else?
I created the account some time in 2019 (At any rate, that is the date of the first message.) I believe it was created in Evolution. Both email and contacts worked for a while, then contacts stopped working, maybe because of the change in Google's authentication system.

When you've been adding the mail account directly in Evolution, the very last page of the wizards lets you select whether also calendars and contacts should be added for that Google account. When you check it, you do not need to setup anything else, you get all you can get out of the Google account.

===> I deleted my Google account in Evolution and recreated it. Sure enough the wizard worked.

--
Sincerely Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net>

	May the source be with you...