Re: [Evolution] Problem adding more than one Google calendar to Evolution

Dnia 28.04.2022 o godz. 07:38:52 Milan Crha via evolution-list pisze:

well, just to clarify things: your version (3.36.5) is old, the current
stable version (3.44.1) has many fixes; your version had been released
on 2020-08-07, that's quite a long time ago.

That's what ships with Ubuntu 20.04. As Ubuntu 20.04 is a LTS release,
supported for 5 years, that version is not expected to change.

Anyway, is there any reason why not to let Evolution find your Google
calendars on its own? When you create a new Google mail account, it
asks you at the very end whether you want to add also calendars (and
contacts in the newer version). When you check that you get things for
free. The mail part can be disabled in Edit->Accounts, when it comes to
it, but I guess you use it too.

Simple: I don't use Gmail at all. I have a Google account tied to non-Google
email address. I use that account only for calendar and sometimes Google
Drive. Not everyone uses the whole suite of Google services.

I had the calendars defined this way in Evolution since Ubuntu 10.04, when
(as far as I remember) the only way to add Google calendars was via CalDAV,
Evolution did not support specific "Google" type calendar. I just migrated
the settings to current version. It works, so why change it?

I can understand it looks straightforward, just add a calendar
in File->New->Calendar makes sense. I do not know whether there could
be done any better way to suggest other methods in this New Calendar
dialog, to make it simpler for the users.

Maybe grey out the calendar selection button when defining the new calendar
for first time, and add an explanatory message like "will be available after
the calendar is set up" or something like this?
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa