Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mail and Office365 MFA

On Mon, 2021-09-06 at 09:26 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2021-09-06 at 09:15 +0200, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list
wrote:
Hmm, that's weird. The previously entered app id and redirect url
were not saved when I quit Evolution last friday. Had to reenter
the
ID:s again and then it worked.

This isn't expected.
Anything I can do to make it stick?

      Hi,
these things are saved into ~/.config/evolution/sources/. Hard to
tell
what could cause overwrite of the settings. Those are surely not
overwritten to me and other users.

You can search for the related file in that folder, it contains a
line:

   Method=Office365

and lower in the file the "Oauth2....=..." values. You can verify,
when
you make the changes in the Evolution, that the file is updated and
contains the right values.

How to check when the file reverts the changes I do not know. Or
better
why it reverts it.
      Bye,
      Milan

Thanks for the hint!
Will check that.

FWIW, that whole folder is writable by my account/group.
Should those folders and files be owned or writable by somebody else?
Most of the files in ~/.config/evolution/sources seem to be 600.That's
as it should be?

--
//Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166