Re: [Evolution] Multiply replied message causes massive delays in composer editor

On Wed, 2021-10-27 at 17:19 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

I guess when the composer "freezes" (it's not really frozen, is it? You
might be able to use the menu, but the changes do not reflect in the
body), the CPU gets high and one of the WebKitWebProcess processes is
busy.

Yes - that was badly described by me. Characters typed stop appearing in the body of the mail (they do appear eventually), but I can still access menus etc. I can't close the message though.

 Would you mind to install Evolution  debuginfo package and get a
backtrace of the WebKitWebProcess? To know which one it is you can do
`ps ax | grep WebProcess` before the composer is opened, then repeat
the command when the composer is opened and the new process is the one
related to the composer. You can get the backtrace with a command like
this:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" --pid=PID &>bt.txt
where the PID is the process ID of the process to get the backtrace of.
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email addresses, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only). Maybe getting a backtrace also for the
Evolution process will help.

In any case, this would be better to deal with in the GitLab. Would you
mind to file a bug report and follow up there, please? The address is:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/new

OK, I'll have a play and get a backtrace out and file it on GitLab.