Re: [Evolution] Multiply replied message causes massive delays in composer editor

On Wed, 2021-10-27 at 13:17 +0100, Steve T via evolution-list wrote:
Does anyone else get a severe delay in the composer when replying to
a message that has been bouncing back an forward multiple times?

It seems to happen under specific circumstances: the email chain is
very long, contains a LOT of HTML, and often has inline embedded
images.

I get delays from not only the composer but in rendering the email in
the preview pane.  When I get one of these occurrences I just pkill the
webkitgtk process. I don't care to see the rendering, I just want
Evolution to function again. This is obviously hacky and lazy so I
can't recommend it unless you just plain don't care.

To be clear, this isn't a formal complaint.  I believe Evolution is
doing the "right" thing, and Geoffrey Gmail is the reason we're having
problems.  This happens to me infrequently enough that I just start
truncating the thread in the composer.  I can't be bothered with other
people's broken messages.

So all that being said, I don't have a solution, I just wanted to share
that you're not alone and vent a little bit.