Re: [Evolution] Multiply replied message causes massive delays in composer editor

On Wed, 2021-10-27 at 13:17 +0100, Steve T via evolution-list wrote:
Evolution: 3.40.4 (3.40.4-2.fc34) Fedora Core

Does anyone else get a severe delay in the composer when replying to a message that has been bouncing back an forward multiple times?

I have a message to a support group that has bounced back and forth umpteen times, with all the earlier messages being indented and preceded with coloured vertical bars. As I type a reply (this is top replied, so older messages are unedited below and carry the full message history), the composer will just stop for minutes at a times. The keyboard appears to die (but it does buffer) . Replying to old, multiply replied messages, becomes almost unworkable. I can get around the problem by initially editing out (deleting) the indented earlier replies. So it seems the delay is in what the editor is doing with the 'old text'.

...just looking at one of the messages that causes this effect - is the issue in that, in the composer, 'old' messages have the coloured vertical lines at the start AND end of the line, so the older and further down, the less space for the message and the smaller the font used? In the viewer pane, this does not happen - as the trailing vertical lines stay static (at one for each colour).
For example:
Alex,
If I lose all my settings, then I don't know how that would affect any
other apps and my TV - so I would not be happy to reset the TV.
Which TV settings actually affect how Britbox works in way of
navigation? Which TV settings does Britbox even looks at?

Regards,
Steve

Is the problem then in the composer trying to maintain that indented, lined text?

Steve