Re: [Evolution] Order of special folders - move them to the top

On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 16:00 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:

Peter, does "Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Sorting and organizing
 mail 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list" help (if you run Evolution
3.42)?
In the most recent version it says that you can change the sort order
of folders under "Folder 🡒 Edit Sort Order…".

For the win!

Easy. Just make all your special folder subordinate to Inbox.
Larry, that does not answer the question how to move Sent and Trash
to the top of the list (plus "easy" often isn't that easy; for
example this might not be about "On This Computer" but about a remote
(IMAP) GMail account with virtual subfolders provided by GMail).

Agreed. I run with all but one of my special folders unexpanded, so I
see all my folders, including the system-supplied ones. The one folder
I leave expanded is the first one subordinate to Inbox, and it contains
my most-accessed subfolders. I tend to forget that not everyone runs
Evolution the same way I do. So, for example, it never occurred to me
that someone would want any of the system-supplied folders, except
Inbox, to appear at the top of the list.