Re: [Evolution] Downloading emails from iCloud

On 2021-05-02 at 16:51 -0600, KS wrote:
I am currently running:

Linux Distro Elementary OS 5.1.7 Hera, built on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Linux 5.4.0-66-generic, GTK 3.22.30

"Sebastien mentions he has already uploaded the fix to Ubuntu 20.04"

Does this mean those of us running Ubuntu 18.04.x (Bionic Beaver) LTS
are out of luck, or will there be a resolution for that release?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes#Support_lifespan

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kurt Scherffius

That's more a question for Ubuntu maintainers.
18.04 is supported until 2023, and since the fixes have been applied or
are going to be applied to later releases, I think there is a good
chance for it to be fixed if requested. I would suggest you ask on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-data-server/+bug/1925742
about that.

On the other hand, you mention you are not using Ubuntu 18.04 directly.
So, depending how they handle newer packags, even after being fixed you
might find that still isn't readily available there. OR they could be
willing to fix it downstream. I'm not familiar with their policies.

Alternatively, you could install a newer version using flatpack (which
may have its own drawbacks), or backport it yourself. That's surely
more work than receiving it from others, but free software *allows* you
to do that. Other licenses leave you completely at the mercy of the
vendor.

Regards