Re: [Evolution] HTML Rendering - Dark Theme not working

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:34:27 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
On Tue, 2021-03-30 at 22:30 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
By HTML any background colour and any font colour can be assigned, no
matter how low the contrast is. The contrast could be that less
different, that even a standard such as DICOM
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM a default profile of my EIZO
screen ] doesn't make it readable, let alone
individual/unstandardised user profiles, cheap monitors, a user's
colour blindness.

A better link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM#Image_display

PPS: Such a standard is more than just a colour space such as sRGB. If
we e.g. chose sRGB in favour of e.g. Adobe RGB color space, we still
could chose energy saving dimming, redshift etc. ...

In the past we run into issues with energy saving lamps. They provided
a warm white temperature with gaps and spikes and in the end the warm
white actually was zombie white colour cold, due all the gaps and
spikes. Nowadays the colour rendering index is important.