Re: [Evolution] HTML Rendering - Dark Theme not working

On Tue, 2021-03-30 at 21:50 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Regarding the UI: Then maybe you want to see dconf-editor improved

This is asking for more trouble, than actually getting used to command
line. I dislike the idea of some settings available by the GUI of an app
and other settings available by dconf. However, necessity-driven I got
used to it.

In this case the issue not only is HTML vs a user's theme preferences.
It even isn't related to light or dark themes.

By HTML any background colour and any font colour can be assigned, no
matter how low the contrast is. The contrast could be that less
different, that even a standard such as DICOM
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM a default profile of my EIZO
screen ] doesn't make it readable, let alone individual/unstandardised
user profiles, cheap monitors, a user's colour blindness.

When using HTML there's always the need to add tons of features, such as
minimal and maximal font sizes, to ignore colours, to install freakish
fonts, such as making a smiley out of a J.