Re: [Evolution] Unable to launch Evolution from a cron job

On Wed, 2021-03-17 at 21:31 -0500, Darrell Barabash wrote:
On Wed, 2021-03-17 at 16:20 -0500, Matt Connell wrote:
My immediate guess is that cron doesn't know what X display to put
evolution onto.

SOLVED and thank you Matt.

This was exactly the issue. I simply added "export DISPLAY=:0.0" at
the
beginning of the cron script and problem was solved. That also let me
use "notify-send" to put up a warning before shutting down.

But, I'll probably put this on the back-burner. Regardless, I learned
very valuable lesson here for running cron scripts and do appreciate
the lesson.