Re: [Evolution] Unable to launch Evolution from a cron job

On Wed, 2021-03-17 at 15:56 -0500, Darrell Barabash wrote:
It would seem that some critical information needed to restart is getting lost.
But, this is only the case running from cron. From command line all is good.

My immediate guess is that cron doesn't know what X display to put
evolution onto.

As a general troubleshooting step, you can append " >>
/path/to/a/log/file.log 2&>1" to your cron job line in order to log any
output from the operation.  Regardless of my guess above, this should
give you some more information to try to figure out what's tripping it
up.

Example:

0 18 * * * /path/to/your/script.sh >> /path/to/a/log/file.log 2&>1