[Evolution] Generating message list (cancelling) won't cancel. Evolution locked up

I am writing this from one of my backup PC's as evolution 3.40.0-1 on
my main PC is frozen as it is trying to scan a problem IMAPX server,
and even if i reboot PC and start eveolution, it starts locked on
Scanning folders in IMAP server and Generating message list
(cancelling) .

What do I need to do to get out of this problem.  I need to delete
problem email account, but as soon as evolution starts, it locaks up as
noted above.

Thank you,

John