Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mail stopped working

On Fri, 2021-01-29 at 10:20 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
wrote:
Sure, but for my users it would be easier if there were one less
thing to remember.
Often such stuff require some IT support.

        Hi,
right, understood. If you have access to those machines and they can
access a common place, then you can setup an autoconfigure for the
users, thus they just run Evolution (-data-server processes) and
they'll have preconfigured anything you want, including the EWS
account. This message list archive contains some threads related to it.
I did plan to write a Wiki for that, but I did not get to it yet. Maybe
during the next hard code freeze, if I'll not forget it.

Is this something you can fix? Using Evo onwards will be hard
otherwise.

The bug is still opened, but I did not figure out how to deal with it
due to the current eds design limitations (how I'd call it) yet.

By the way, you do not need to click the "Fetch URL" button at all, it
only prefills the OAB URL, which stands for "Offline Address Book". The
evo-ews can work without it too, though there are couple advantages
when it is known and the offline GAL (Global Address List) is enabled.

        Bye,
        Milan