Re: [Evolution] Folder confusion

On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 06:08 +0100, Douglas Summers via evolution-list
wrote:
then "sudo" is still not the way to go. If you can't kill the
processes or if thy should get automatically restarted, there's
probably a good reason for this behaviour.

I'll give these suggestions a try if it happens again; thanks for the
help.

        Hi,
just a note, I agree with Ralf, there is no need for sudo. Simply run:

   $ evolution --force-shutdown

If there are some processes "still" running after it, then it can be
they had been restarted by some other process (you can notice that by
different process ID in the `ps` command), like GNOME Shell can restart
the evolution-calendar-factory when it disappears, which brings up
other processes.

As your query had been about the Mail part, there is no need to restart
the background processes, the mail runs only on the evolution side.
        Bye,
        Milan