Re: [Evolution] Folder confusion

On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 06:05 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 04:22 +0000, Douglas Summers wrote:
I had to use sudo because they wouldn't close

Did you try to SIGTERM or to SIGKILL the processes?

  ps aux --forest

might provide a pointer

My setup allows to get rid of all processes by either running

  evolution -q
  pkill evolution

or by running

  evolution --force-shutdown

So a simple SIGTERM does the trick for my setup. Depending on your
setup, it might not be that easy, but if it fails even with a SIGKILL,
then "sudo" is still not the way to go. If you can't kill the processes
or if thy should get automatically restarted, there's probably a good
reason for this behaviour.

I'll give these suggestions a try if it happens again; thanks for the
help.