[Evolution] [Solved] Re: Strange sync behaviour

On 2021-01-13 at 20:17 +0000, Andy Proctor wrote:
All the files appear in the right place on the desktop however when
opening Evolution on the desktop it does not pick up my mail folders.
I use subfolders of my inbox for mail filing. The actual subfolders
are present in the right directory, but the evolution install is not
picking them up. I have not currently set any external mail setting
on the desktop installation.

Any reasons you can think of why it does not recognise the
subfolders. In addition mail appears in the inbox but the contents of
mails are unreadable.

>Is evolution (or a component, such as evolution-data-server) running
>when you overwrite it? In that case, I would expect it not to pick the
>subfolders, but to detect them the next time it is opened.

>Just to discard the obvious: the subfolders aren't collapsed, right?
>Best
>Ángel

Thanks to those replying. The problem of sync was not an evolution problem at all.

I tested with a manual transfer on a stick between the two devices which showed that folders etc could be detected.

It took a short while to evolution to scan the new changes which was unexpected but I proved evolution isn't the problem.

It turns out there it a default setting in megasync not to sync ".*" files, which was why the folders and others were not syncing...

Duh! Undocumented feature. I set mega to sync ".*" files and guess what, all works.

Thanks for the help all, this one is solved.

Andy