[Evolution] Strange sync behaviour

Hi All,

I have got 2 Ubuntu latest version installations, one on a laptop one on a desktop. Evolution is on the laptop and works great. I use megasync to sync documents between the two machines automatically, and I am trying to repeat this for evolution. I have set up a sync to sync the whole .local/share/evolution directory to the cloud, then back down again to the desktop.

All the files appear in the right place on the desktop however when opening Evolution on the desktop it does not pick up my mail folders. I use subfolders of my inbox for mail filing. The actual subfolders are present in the right directory, but the evolution install is not picking them up. I have not currently set any external mail setting on the desktop installation.

Any reasons you can think of why it does not recognise the subfolders. In addition mail appears in the inbox but the contents of mails are unreadable.

Thoughts, tips gratefully received.

Lastly, the email account I use is POP not IMAP therefore using IMAP is not possible.

Thanks

Andy