Re: [Evolution] Evolution hangs if Gnome Keyring isn't open before starting

On Sat, 2021-12-18 at 21:54 -0500, George Reeke wrote:
On Sun, 2021-12-19 at 01:42 +0100, Ángel wrote:
Evolution asks the Keyring, and if it isn't there it would show the
password prompt (i.e. it it was working).
Note that if the keyring wasn't running it should be activated
automatically.

I can confirm that I have seen the same problem for a long time
with my older CentOS-7-supplied Evolution 3.28.5 under Mate.
I can add that when I log in after a bootup, Seahorse is not running.
If I start evolution first, it asks for the password. [snip]

Hi,

if I log in by lightdm after startup, then start Evolution and right
after that retrieve emails, I have nothing to do. If I wait for a while
before retrieving emails, a small window opens, asking for the password.

$ lsb_release -d; pacman -Q evolution lightdm openbox seahorse
evolution 3.42.2-1
lightdm 1:1.30.0-4
openbox 3.6.1-8
seahorse 1:41.0-2