Re: [Evolution] Error Message with Sent Mail on Evolution

On Tue, 2021-12-14 at 17:57 -0600, Nathan Parker via evolution-list
wrote:
Thanks for the info! Is there a way to do an in-place update to
3.42.2 using a DEB, or do I need to migrate to the Flatpak?

        Hi,
I do not know. I do not use Ubuntu. What I know is that the Evolution
depends on an evolution-data-server, which is used by multiple other
components, thus updating Evolution means updating also other parts of
the system. That's probably the main reason why the long term support
distros hesitate to be up-to-date with the upstream Evolution (and I
agree with that).

Using the Flatpak will keep you on a safe side, it will not touch the
system data, neither the on-the-host-installed Evolution itself, thus
you can return back any time. The Flatpak is good for testing new
versions too.
        Bye,
        Milan