Re: [Evolution] Error Message with Sent Mail on Evolution

On Mon, 2021-12-13 at 18:49 -0600, Nathan Parker via evolution-list
wrote:
The reported error was “Failed to append to Sent: Error appending
message: Server sent unexpected response: OK
Appending to local “Sent” folder instead.”.

        Hi,
this is done by the IMAP, appending the message to the folder. When you
run Evolution from a terminal as:

   CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution

you'll see what it is trying to do and what had been returned back. I
recall there had been some issues with COPY responses, but they had
been related to certain servers and they had been for message transfer,
which is not the case here.

Yours 3.36.5 is ancient, the current stable version is 3.42.2. I
suggest you try the same with the latest version. Maybe you can try the
Flatpak version from the Flathub.org, which has its own limitations,
but generally works. You can find it here:

   https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Evolution

Also, I need to connect an Exchange account to Evolution as well. EWS
support is installed, but I'm not sure where to look to add my
Exchange account.

File->New->Mail Account->fill name and email address (eventually
uncheck Lookup at the bottom, but you can try it)->Next->select Server
Type: Exchange Web Services.

Or create a Microsoft Exchange account in GNOME Online Accounts, unless
you need OAuth2.

        Bye,
        Milan