Re: [Evolution] Where Does Evolution Mail store data files...

On Tue, 2021-04-20 at 11:23 -0700, Catherine Jefferson (Lists) wrote:
On 4/20/2021 9:31 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:
I would strongly advise that you just encrypt the whole laptop - it
saves having to think about what you want to put where. I would also
warn against trying to be "clever" with Evolution's internal data
stores: it may appear to work, but it will come back and bite you in
the future.

Great idea, except that Bestcrypt doesn't have a "whole disk" encryption
method for Linux/Unix.  So I'm stuck with per-volume encryption.

So encrypt the volume containing your $HOME.

(I've
used Bestcrypt for 20 years on Windows, don't want to drop it now.)

Linux has a perfectly acceptable and secure (and free) disk encryption
in the form of LUKS. There's no point in hanging on to something that
doesn't do what you need, just because you've been using it for 20
years.

P.